Terms & Conditions Shimano Experience Center
Shimano Experience Center is part of Shimano Europe B.V. (hereinafter referred to as ‘Shimano’), registered with the Chamber of Commerce with number 08076068. If hiring a bicycle (mountain bike/racing bike/electric bike) from Shimano, you must be in agreement with the following:
• The hiring party can collect the bicycles on the days/parts of days for which they have hired the bicycle.
• Parts of days are either 9:30 AM to 1:30 PM or 2:00 PM to 6:00 PM.
• Bicycles remain available to the hiring party throughout the reserved parts of days;
• The hiring party is deemed to have received the bicycle in good condition. In the event of visible defects, they must be reported on receipt.
• Prices and amounts specified in quotes and agreements are in Euros and include VAT, unless stated expressly otherwise.
• Participation is at own risk. Hiring parties are responsible for their own safety at all times. If a host accompanies the trip, his or her instructions must be followed. The host is there to show you the most interesting roads, cycle paths, and locations, but is not there to guarantee safety, including road safety.
• Participation is only permitted for participants in good health. The host or Shimano cannot be held liable in any way whatsoever for bodily injury and/or material damage suffered by one or more participants or third parties in connection with use of the bicycles;
• It is recommended that participants wear a helmet while cycling;
• Hiring parties are responsible for themselves (incl. baggage) and their own conduct on the road;
• A guided cycling trip is not a competition but of a sight-seeing/interest nature. If the group becomes separated due to differences in cycling speed, the host will be unable to remain with all parts of the group at the same time and cannot, therefore, be held liable;
• Where possible, the host will adapt his or her speed to match that of the slowest participant in the group.
• The rules of the road must be followed at all times; note that when in a foreign country, different rules may apply;
• Any fines are the responsibility of the hiring party, including but not limited to fines for cycling without lights;
• The hiring party must treat the hired bicycle with care;
• The hiring party must supervise the bicycle at all times and must not leave it out of sight at any time;
• In the event of a flat tyre, the hiring party is responsible for repair;
• In the event of mechanical problems, contact must be made using telephone no. +31(0) 613645015;
• Only the hiring party is permitted to use the bicycle – under no circumstances may a third party be granted use of the bicycle;
• The transport of bicycles by the hiring party is not permitted.
• The hired bicycle is not insured against theft and/or damage;
• As part of the bicycle hire, the excess that applies to the hired bicycle and accessories is limited to EUR 200 for damage. The excess limit does not apply to damage caused as a result of a failure to comply with the rules (of the road) or due to wilful recklessness or intent;
• In the event of the loss of the hired bicycle (including theft), the hiring party is liable for the current value of the bicycle, not including the hire price;
• The hiring party bears full statutory responsibility for any damage caused to third parties.
• The full hiring period remains valid, even in the event of early return of the bicycle;
• In the event of the bicycle being returned after the agreed return date, the hiring party bears the costs of every part of a day that the bicycle is retained after the agreed return date;
• Bicycle hire may be cancelled free of charge no later than 72 hours before the start of the hiring period;
• In the event of an emergency, please call +31(0) 613645015;
• To the extent that personal data are processed as part of the provision or performance of the activities in question, they will be processed in a proper and careful manner in accordance with the GDPR;
Technical and organizational measures will be taken to protect personal data against loss or any other form of wrongful processing, taking into account the current state of the art of processing.